Sunday, February 7, 2010

Back from Conference

Our National Conference is already over! It came and went so quickly, I can hardly believe I'm back in Tehran already.

The conference was on Kish Island, down in the Persian Gulf. It's a small island with lots of things to see and do there.

We stayed in little villas, less than 5 minutes to the beach. I stayed up one night to watch the sunrise over the Gulf on one of the mornings - it was beautiful!

The conference itself didn't quite go as planned, but we still managed to give the delegates the main training that we wanted to.

Our AIESECers are all brilliant. They adapted to the changes realy easily, and they participated fully in the sessions. I know AIESEC Iran is in safe hands when we leave here.

Speaking of leaving here, I am in the middle of arranging my next two travel adventures. At the beginning of March, I'm going to Turkey to see some Australian friends, and then down to Jordan for an AIESEC Conference (MENAXPROs).

After my term ends in June, I'm heading back to Turkey (I'm in love with Turkey) for my internship. The main thing that AIESEC does is organise these exchanges, and I couldn't spend 4 years in this organisation and not do one myself. So I'll go to Bursa, which is about the distance from Istanbul as Clare to Adelaide, and teach English there until the end of November, when I will finally head home to Australia!

I can't wait. 2010 is already shaping up to be an interesting and adventurous year - it's going to be amazing to see what happens.

It's nice to think that I'll be home in 9 months or so. It's really not that long, and the best part is that I'll be home for Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment