Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sorry for the delay, guys, things have been hectic.

I'm in the middle of creating the Iran National Conference. It'll be 2-5 February, held on Kish Island, down in the Persian Gulf. It's going to be excellent. I have to find facilitators, create the agenda, the sessions - everything to do with the content of the conference. All the logistics stuff is being taken care of by our wonderful Organising Committee.

We've also had the MCP elections. (MCP = my boss). The current MCP was the only guy running for the next term, but he was not elected. So now we have opened up a second round, but it's going to be difficult to find someone else who is ready and willing to take the job on.

In other news, I've been really lucky to extend my social circles here lately. I've met a lot of Aussies, Brits and Scandanavians (Norwegians, Danes and Fins). I really don't know how we all met, but it's lovely to chat with people who are, or are almost the same as you :P

Other than that, life is pretty constant. I'm working a lot more because of the load, I'm still quite happy in my little dorm, and nothing else new has really happened.

I think I'm due for a holiday. In fact, I'm going to take one. Some friends of mine (Jess and Pete) will be, by some miracle, in Turkey at the same time, in early March. So we've planned to get together somehow, hang out, and head to Gallipoli while we're there. It's going to be amazing.

After Turkey, Jess and I are going to head down to Jordan, where this epic conference is going to be held (MENAXLDS). Jess is a faci, I'm just going as a delegate this time. I really can't wait. I'm considering going by bus, because it's cheaper, and that means I get to go through Syria, which would be cool.

Still no real idea on what's going to happen when I finish my term in June. I am investigating exchange opportunities in Central Eastern Europe, especially the Czech Republic. I might teach English for a while then head home to Australia. We'll see :)

I'll write some more when something interesting happens. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment