Monday, June 8, 2009

Traffic Again.

The other day we were driving along in the taxi and a driver tried to nudge into the lane. Our driver didn’t see, so it resulted in a little bump to the back left side of the taxi. Woo – my first accident in Iran! (the noted difference between Australia and Iran is that no-one seems to care, actually. A ding is just a ding – the car still drives, right?)

Then yesterday I had my second and third mishaps. I got hit by a car! I was standing by our car after getting icecream. All of a sudden, my handbag went ‘boof’ and I looked around to see a car driving by. My handbag was hit by the wing-mirror, haha! Stupid traffic. I’ll learn.

The third time was a sudden stop into the back of yet another taxi. The AIESECer I was with lost his headlight and indicator, but really, all was well. I did get acquainted with the headrest though. (I was in the back.) We were only going about 20 k’s onto a ramp, so we were ok, but I’m beginning to be a bit more stringent about those seatbelts, particularly when you’ve got a young girl behind the wheel of a new Camry going 120 screaming ‘wheeeeeeeeee’.

Hmmm.. If you want me to start sugar coating my posts, I’m sure I can do that.
... Iran is fun. The weather is nice, and I love the food. The people are friendly and I think tomorrow I shall go to the beach... Better?

No comments:

Post a Comment