Saturday, August 29, 2009

Well that's another weekend over. They seem to go so quickly!

It's 8.30am, I should start getting ready for work, but I'll get to that in a minute.

This last week has been quite uneventful. After Floor's departure, we settled into a new routine, where the awesome foursome spent the whole time looking around for the missing wheel.

Sadly, Renee goes home tomorrow, leaving the awesome threesome (yeah, it doesn't rhyme) to become the terrible two.

We spent the weekend at Sepehr's place again (I think this is well and truly my second home, and my second family). Our plan was to see the museums etc in Tehran before Renee left, but unfortunately she became quite ill, so we headed to Sepehr's instead.

We became couch potatoes - watching movies allllll day and doing nothing. Was good for the soul :) Iftar was the best thing about the whole day though - I hadn't eaten/had water in about 18 hours (I couldn't sleep the night before, so I had breakfast at 2.30am...don't ask).

I don't know what's going on, but my body-clock is definitely out of whack. We got into Tehran at about 8.30 yesterday morning, which was fine, but I was exhausted because I'd barely slept the night before. So I lie down for a 20 minute power nap before getting ready for work and guess what? I woke up at 1.30 this morning.

That's 17 hours of straight sleep. (And a missed day of work grrr). It was so stupid. So there I am, at 1.30am, wondering what the hell to do! I tried going back to sleep, but it didn't work, funnily enough. So I've been up since then, doing not much.

It's Renee's going away party tonight, so that should be good fun. Then HOPEFULLY I'll be able to get a decent night's sleep.

any tips for getting good sleep is well appreciated.

xoxo Khodafez

No comments:

Post a Comment