Saturday, October 3, 2009

taxi fun

Quick story from today:

I had to go down to the Ministry of Alien Affairs again today for visa stuff. (woo).

I got myself down to the junction, and jumped into a taxi ("Tacht Tavos? Merci"). We were cruising along, and suddenly my favourite Iranian song, "Jigili" comes on. So I try to restrain myself from rocking out in the backseat, but it doesn't quite work.

The next track rolls on, "Pure Love", a neat little mix of english and persian lyrics, of which I can sing exactly half. (Guess which half). *continues rocking out as discreetly as possible*

We arrived at Tacht Tevos with no worries. Anyway, I think the driver thought it was a hoot, or he'd just won the lottery or something. Taxi drivers will sometimes refuse to take the payment, because it's polite. Then you have to politely insist they take it, and then they do. Well, this fellow was particularly insistent, "gharbel nadare" over and over. I looked at him, like "are you serious fella?" but he was. I got out, looked at him again, to be sure, but he just smiled and drove off.

I have no idea what that was, but I'm pretty sure it's not a common occurance here!

1 comment:

  1. Jigili, jgili, yeah I would like to be there now too!

    ReplyDelete